All right! Before I drive off all my readership (“Gosh! Amy’s moodiness is not all that fun to read”). Before I get told to start a gratitude journal. Before I wallow deeper in my little pit, I do want to point out the good things because 1) there ARE good things in my life, 2) I have a tendency to focus on the negative and need to exercise my optimism muscle a bit, and 3) I don’t want to tick off the Universe with my complaints since, supposedly, what you dish out to the world is what you get back.
So – here’s the little chunk of positive that I’m hurling out into the void today to counter-balance my mini-rant:
- Most days, I don’t have to be to work until 9am! Gone are the days of 5am workouts (except for tomorrow — I do have to be to work at 8am which means I really do have to get up in less than 7 hours). Punching in at 9am makes a HUGE difference in my well-being. Yay!
- My commute with grumpy subway riders is pretty great. Twice a day, I get about 35-40 minutes (sometimes longer if the MTA is particularly crummy) to read whatever I want! Usually it’s work emails, but lately, I have been reading Hardy’s Far From the Madding Crowd. I do love Hardy — he can make sheep and Victorian farm life engrossing!
- I have a lot to do at work – no time to get bored. And people seem genuinely supportive and appreciative of my work. That is a good feeling.
- Tonight I had to laundry because this weekend I am going to Boston to visit my brother and his family!! Totally worth a weeknight of boring, grown-up responsibilities to spend 2.5 days with my nephews.
- While not having a washer and dryer in my apartment stinks, at the laundromat you can wash and dry MULTIPLE loads of laundry at one time! I did the equivalent of 3 loads of laundry in the time it would have taken to do one load if I had my own washer and dryer.
- My sister-in-law introduced me to these amazing breakfast tacos that have become a staple in my food repertoire. They are so speedy that you can easily whip them up in between washer/dryer switching at the laundromat. And they’re pretty darn healthy, to boot!
- I have a big, beautiful apartment with PLENTY of space to hang all my damp laundry! Someday I’ll post a tour of the apartment – promise.
- I have clean sheets on my bed! I wasn’t joking – clean sheets are probably one of my top 3 favorite things!!
On that note, I am now going to bed. Only 6.5 hours until my alarm goes off and I’ve gotta make the most of tomorrow’s merry-go-round!